Saturday, June 07, 2008




Sorry family and friends. I have not updated in a while, we've been busy. Mom and I moved to MiMi and Papa D's house for a while. Daddy left for a deployment recently and Mom was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, a chronic, painful disease that is causing her joints to fuse together, limiting her mobility. She's on many medications to slow down the fusion including injections, physical therapy, pain management etc. The military has put Mom in a "Catagory 4" EFMP (exceptional family member program) meaning this limits the bases that Daddy can go to and the length and type of deployments. However because of our wonderful family and friends Mom will not allow her disease to effect Daddies job. We moved out of our house because we have to live in a one story, A/C equiped, within walking distance of a heated pool, military housing community. This works well in my for me since the housing community that Mom has had her eye on since we moved to San Diego has AMAZING brand new playgrounds that we LOVE. Daddy had a hard time leaving for this deployment knowing all that has gone on at home the past few months, but he knows mom is a trooper and we'll get along just fine until he comes back. Grandpa and Grandma came to San Diego to help drive Mom and I back to Coppell. It was a long 3 days for me in the car but I always had someone in the back seat with to help entertain me. Plus I got to eat "road food." You know burgers, fries, chicken nuggets etc. I liked it but was very happy to get some oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast after the trip was over. We drove through Tucson and saw Great Auntie Gail and my cousin Bri while Grandma, Grandpa, Pinky, Mom and I stayed at my Great Grandma's house (Papa D's Mom) We didn't get to see her and Great Grandpa though, they were at their house in Idaho at the time. When we got back to Dallas we were very busy with Auntie Mer's wedding to my new Uncle Jake. I grew very fond of Uncle Jake while he was here. I was the way too cute ring bearer in the wedding and couldn't take my eyes off of myslef when I caught the first glance of me in my suit in Auntie Mer's dressing room mirror. Great Auntie Mona and Great Uncle Sam were at MiMi and Papa D's house as well as Auntie Car and her fun kitty cat Cobler. So needless to say we've been very very busy.

Before I left San Diego I had my two year check up and my doctor was once again impressed at my verbal abilities as well as gross motor and fine motor skills. She joked that I was the smartest two year old she'd ever seen. Mom was a proud mother duck walking away from that visit.

There is much I am sure I forgot to update but I'll try better to keep up with the photos and updates.

Again always sorry about the grammar, puncuation and spelling. We don't have all the time in the world to edit our updates.But you get the idea. *smile*

1 comment:

i bottai said...

My name is Isabelle, I am from Germany, living in Zurich Switzerland since 2 years. I came across your blog some time ago through some German ladies who emigrated to the USA. I have been following your daily adventures and was worried when I didn't read you in a while. I am very sorry to hear that your mother isn't well. Give her a big hug and I will keep my fingers crossed for her and keep her in my prayers.
Take good care! Isabelle
P.S.: My 1st American Host-family was also in the Navy and stationed for a while in San Diego. ;-)))